Delta, Echo, Hammerfall PCI card size?

drumsagogo

I am in the process of purchasing a new desktop computer. I am very tempted to order a DELL Optiplex with a small desktop chasis. (I know it's less expandable but it's small, and the fan makes almost NO noise....if anyone else knows of a really small, quiet machine please mention it).

This machine has two 1/2 length PCI slots (4.2"x6.95"). But, I am unable to determine the actual size of any of the pci cards I will end up buying. Does anyone know if any of the above cards would fit in a this 1/2 length bay?

i don't know about the card size, but i wouldn't let the fan noise be the only issue.........i recently got a new dell, dimension series (the bigger ones), it is amazingly quiet and has never been a problem, much quieter than my last pc

No, the noise isn't the only reason....it's also very small and a desktop (not tower) and will fit into my current equipment scheme much better - I don't have much available space.

Well, like I said the pci slots are only half as long in the optiplex as in a traditional tower, but, I talked to a guy last night who has a 1010 and he said it's fairly short and would fit easily.

Basically this would only be an problem if one of the cards was longer than 7", but that doesn't appear to be the case so I think I'd be o.k. if I choose to go this route.

Back