Delta cards not playing nice

2lim

I just got a delta 44, and I want to run it with my delta 66. The only problem, is that with both cards in my puter, neither of them are recognised. I am running win 2000(yeah I know). I have heard from multiple sources that the delta series cards will work together.
If anyone has any suggestions, lemme know!

Simon

I run Win2K and have no problem using multiple 1010lts in my machine.

It should run those cards fine.

Questions: Did the 66 so up ok before you added the 44?

Did you try the 44 by itself?

When I set mine up I set up the OS before I ever put the cards in and read the manual online. Have you done that?

I think you want to set it up to run in Standard PC Mode the default is ACPI. This will make your system redetect ore reconfigure all the devices. Look in device manager and see if you have any exclamations by any of the devices.

Any way you need to go into CMOS or BIOS and find the setting ACPI and change it to Standard PC.

If you need anymore info on this it is probably in you manual or down load the delta 1010lt manual and turn to page 51 and follow the steps for Windows 2000

Welp....... I am officially a retard.

I tried unloading and reloading drivers, all that stuff. Turns out, that my mobo is set up in y case on an angle, so I put in the cards, and put the screws in to hold them in place. When i tighten the screws down, it actually tilts the cards out of the way, and pulls the out of the PCI slot. I loosened the screws, popped the back in, and all is well!

Simon

You might want to take some painters tape or something like that and tape the cards into the slots to keep them from popping back out. Or I suppose you could bend the little tab where the screw holds it in place to an angle to accomadate the angle of the board.

2lim said:
I just got a delta 44, and I want to run it with my delta 66.

I only have a Delta 66 card, so I haven't tried this myself. I'm curious, does the 44 sync up with the 66? From reading the M-Audio reference article on Delta Series, Multi-Card Setup, I have the impression that you need to use the S/PDIF I/O to sync multiple Delta cards, but the Delta 44 lacks S/PDIF. Just curious.

Cheers,

Otto

Seems to work fine for me.

If i run into any issues, I will just sell my 44, and buy another 66, or sell the both and buy a 1010

Simon

Back