delta card and analogue mixing desk.. help!

peteuk90

Hi,
With being a fairly new user, please bare with me.

I have a Delta 1011LT sound card and have a Seck 18 channel mixing desk. I have connected from the 8 buss from the desk into my 8 inputs.. thats fine... its the outputs thats are the problem, I have connected the 8 outs to 8 seperate channels on my desk and find they are grouped together i.e 3+4 the same, 5+6 the same etc...

I have tried to change the outputs on my music software (Magix 2005) but to no avail... is there something in my soundcard that needs adjusting or in the software.. ?

Thanks in anticipation.

In the Delta control panel, the inputs/outputs can be grouped for stereo use or ungrouped for mono use. Take a look at the 1010LT manual.

Thanks Travis...

Having a look as we speak.... seems rather confusing.... anymore help would be very much appreciated.

sorry, my bad. In the box. Basically use your mixer for recording and monitor through 1/2. Then when it comes time to mix, just mix it all on Magix. I know using the mouse is a pain in the arse but you get used to it. Or later on you can get a control surface that will act like a mixer for your Magix mixer.

I know what you mean... I was mixing great in Magix to be honest but just had the chance to buy the desk, looks great and have just used it as, like you say, a monitor.. Me and my grand ideas...!! ha ha

might just do what you say...

thanks.

Well, I was just like you. I was all set to run separate outputs and it was getting frustrating. Then I realized that in the end, I was going to need to miz ITB (in the box ) anyway, so I just run the 8 channels in and the 2 back out into the board. It works out nicely. By the way, I had not heard of seck, so I looked it up. Nice lookin' board! They look like they go fairly cheap. How does it sound?

Desk sounds great but to be honest, it looks great as well...!! ha ha I have built a little two roomed studio in my garden, (mixing room and live room) so paying customers thinks it looks the part as well, not just a pc sat there, I know it sounds daft. Thats why i thought I could utilise it more but why confuse things and make them complicated for just the sake eh?

Hey, I hear of that a lot. I actually seen a guy who was looking for a cheap busted console that he could put in his studio because he was embarrassed to have a recording studio that didn't have a mixing console. It is sad but there are people out there who expect to see certain things when they walk into a studio. As he put it, "They will go down the street and pay more money to someone who has a big huge Behringer mixer instead of coming to me when I have top of the line pre's and run direct to the PC" So don't feel back, even in the business of sound, looks account for something.

in your software, say chanel 1 is going to output 1/2 on the delta card...pan that track hard left in the software and it'll come out of chanel 1 only. Chanel 2 will be coming out of 1/2 also on the delta. Pan that chanel hard right in the software and it'll be on channel 2....repeat the same through all 8 outputs. Odd numbered tracks panned hard left and even panned hard right and they will come out on the corrisponding track to your mixer.

Good luck

Back