Delta 66 wont recongize spdif, Tampa

acoustic84

Hey, I just got a tampa and Im trying to hook it up with the spdif. I know I have the right kind of cable and its hooked up right. Where it says sdpif input signal, it says invalid or not present, but its hooked up. What am I doing wrong? I bet its something so simple. Any help appreciated.

I believe so...I dont see an on/off switch for it anywhere, so I think its always on. And I dont have anything hooked up to it analog. I just have my breakout box hooked up with monitor outs. I have the clock set to spdif in.

I fixed the problem...Im retarted, haha. Im new to this spdif stuff. This is the first time ive hooked up anything to it. I didnt think it mattered if it was hooked up to the red or white jack. Well, I was wrong. I guess the white is output and the red is input. I guess you learn something new everyday. Now to see how it sounds! Woo Hoo!

Ok, since I have this thread up. I mentioned this earlier but didnt get much response. I get crackling noises in my recordings. Could this be my soundcard itself or a software issue. It wasnt doing it before, it just started to all the sudden about a month ago

acoustic84 said:
Ok, since I have this thread up. I mentioned this earlier but didnt get much response. I get crackling noises in my recordings. Could this be my soundcard itself or a software issue. It wasnt doing it before, it just started to all the sudden about a month ago

crackles are often due to insufficient buffer settings. you'll have to experiment with buffer/latency settings in your delta control panel and in the software to find what is ideal for your system.

When it kicks in, you should have some killer sound there. The longer the latency, the less likely you will have crackling. Also, try having the Tampa run the clock and see if that makes a difference.

Back