Delta 66 question

kybdplr

Can I play Music file from the PC output 1 & 2 (L & R) output to a mixer while mixing vocals into the mix and be recording the mixers output back into the Delta 66 break out boxes L & R input at the same time?

I want to record Kareoke singing but need to do this live as the vocals play along with the song at real time.

Thanks
James

yes....instead of setting your software to record from the inputs, set it up to record the Monitor Mixer.....depends on what software you are recording with as to how to set it up.....

another alternative is to import the karaoke file into the multitracker and record just the vocal to a new track....that way you have some control of the vocal in the mix after the fact.......

Since their is already a thread open I decided to post here.

can I plug my monitors directly to the delta 66 or do I need the omni box? on the m-audio website their is no info o that.

thanks

Yes you can use 2 of the Delta 66's outputs to feed your monitors

Well, that depends. If you have a pair of active monitors (which have power amps built-in) then yes, you can. If they're traditional passive speakers, then no.

The Delta outputs are line level. You have to send them to an amp before they can be hooked into standard passive speakers, just like you can't run speakers off a CD player or cassette deck.

The OMNI box does not include the ability to amplify the signal in order to drive speakers -- it's not an amp.

Back