Delta 66 Omni question: Kev, Cuz?

geekgurl

Hello. I read a recent thread regarding the Delta 66 Omni package, and it seems to have some very happy users. I may be able to buy one barely used for a good deal soon, and I have a question that I'm hoping someone could answer. I don't recall it being answered yet and can't find anything definitive on midiman's site.

With the Delta 66 + Omni, how many *simultaneous* inputs can be recorded? It looks like 2 inputs have the preamp, and that there are 2 additional inputs ... and then SPDIF ...

So if I am also using the SPDIF interface, can I in fact get 6 inputs at once working, or is there a limitation? (for example, Digidesign's MBox has SPDIF, 2 Neutrik connectors, and 2 1/4" connectors, but you can only record 2 simultaneous ins at once.)

Yeah, you can do six simultaneously.

The reason the MBox can't is that it's sending its audio stream into the computer via USB. It can't handle more than two channels of data.

You should also tell us what software you are using. Cakewalk Home Studio 2002 only supports recording 2 channels at a time whereas Sonar can do more.

Right now I have CoolEdit Pro and Pro Tools free. I'm going to need at least a decent reverb/delay, EQ, and maybe a compression plugin if I can find a decent one of those ... that's when I'll be committing to software, on the mixing side. I think CEP supports DirectX plugs? Anyway, that's what I have and plan to use right now. On a PC.

Back