Delta 44

tj jr.

I AM LOOKING INTO GETTING A NEW SOUND CARD TO MIX DOWN MY MD8 TRACK RECORDER INTO MY COMPUTER. i WAS LOOKING AT THE GINA ECHO. MY SOUNDBLASTER LIVE SOUNDS LIKE CRAP WHEN I MIX DOWN WITH IT. I USE COOL EDIT. WHAT DOES ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THE DELTA 44? IS IT OK WITH THE K7V MOTHERBOARD BY ASUS? IS IT A GOOD CARD??
ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT..
THANX,
TJ

i do all my recording on my md8 track recorder then i run the rca outputs into my computer. I dont make all my recordings directly with the computer to start with. I dont need midi for my sound card.

I realize that with a mini disk system you're not using the computer for anything beyond storage and cd burning. As far as quality and flexibilty go, I would still recommend the Omni over the Gina if that's where your budget is.

I don't want to confuse the issue, but I think you might change the way you record initially after playing with the Omni Studio for a while. It would certainly be a great foot in the door to computer recording if you decided against mini disk as a format. What is your main attraction to using the MD8 at this point? What kind of material do you record and what other equip do you use (mics, pres, etc.)?

i make rap beats with my akai s2000 . I sequence with my rm1x yamaha which i ocasionally use to make beats. I got a rode nt1 mic that i run into my md8 track recorder. it has 2 phantom inputs for tracks 1 and 2 (which track 2 doesnt work anymore). I have a homebuilt computer. Athlon 800 mhz cpu . 256 megs ram. k7v asus motherboard. soundblaster live . My track 2 doesnt record any more,, but it still plays back the stuff i had recorded previously. I think my friend was too loud and peaked the hell out of it and blew somthing when we were ...uhh.. hmm... drunk. I got a pt2000 turntable. gemini 2 channl mixer for the t table. zoom rfx 1000 effects processor. scsi drive for the akai s2000 sampler. I have been thinking lately that maybe i should just record to my comp originally and forget the middle man ( the md8)
But i would still need a nice mixerboard. and how much would the omni studio cost??? Im still up in the air about a lot of things right now. I want to go a better quality direction than what im doin now. the md8 sounds great when i play back in my studio ,,but it sounds like shyt when i run it into my blasterlive and burn a cd.

Ok, the whole Rap and Scratch thing is out of my area of experience. The Omni is $389 at 8th street compared to the Gina's $399 at Musician's Friend. Ten bucks less with better quality/more features. Go figure.

Since I don't know anything about "scratchin", I can't say a thing about mixers for you. Does bringing a turntable into the picture really require an outboard mixer or can you run it to any "IN" to get it in the mix?

Be persistant, someone's got the answer.

Good luck.

the whole scratchin thing is not a big part of the big picture. It is the same as anyother input. I think i would need a mixer to eq everthing i input. Recording rap music is the same as recording other music,,. You are trying to get a clean loud signal. The mixer that i have with the turntable is only for the turntable. for the "scratchin " thing. Which i dont use all that much.

Back