Delta 44 /XP

Buffalo Bob

I'm trying to install the Delta 44 on an XP machine. The included CD contained drivers for Win98, 2000, etc. but not XP. I D/L'd the XP patch from M-Audio's site, but can't load the drivers. Can anybody tell me how to go about this?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob.
If what you downloaded was a patch you need to install
the program first from the CD, then run the patch.

Let me know if it works.

The d/load isn't a patch. It just unpacks the driver files to a disk.
You must use the Uninstaller that comes with the drivers to get rid of the old ones first.
When the hardware wizard runs - select the choose from list option and click have disk. Browse to the folder the drivers unpacked to - Windows will find a file with a .inf extension - Delta.inf? Continue to install. Windows will complain that the drivers are not certified - use them anyway (there are no others).
The best drivers for music use are the "pro" .29 ones - find them by checking "show previous and beta versions" in m-audio sites driver files search. The Uninstaller is included.

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming that I should pull the board and re-install it after D/L the drivers, the let Windows "New Hardware Found" run. Is this correct?

Bob, this machine does not have the drivers installed right?
When you installed the card, what happened?

Give it to me step by step buddy.

You don't need to pull the board. Uninstalling the old drivers and rebooting will cause Windows to "find new hardware."

Then if you followed Jim Y's instructions and unzipped the new drivers to a floppy disk, pop in the disk and tell Windows that the drivers can be found in your A: drive.

After that you should be good to go.

I installed the card, then the Wizard came up, but I didn't actually install the drivers, thinking I would install the "XP Patch" instead. No go. So I should uninstall anything that inadvertantly got installed (?) and start from scratch?

It can't hurt. Run the Delta uninstaller. Then reboot and install the new drivers from your floopy as described above.

Go into Windows Control Panel / Device Manager and open the Sound, Video and Game Controller. When you do that do you see the Delta Card?

If you do, you didn't uninstall the drivers properly.

If you don't see it, it the card is not physically installed properly. In that case, you probably want to physcially remove it and reseat it.

Thanks Dachay - I looked, and the card isn't there. I'll reinstall it. I really appreciate having a place to get answers to my stupid questions!

Bob

Bob - I just thought of one other thing. In the Device Manager do you see anything with a big yellow exclamation point. If you do, that is probably the Delta card - but it's missing its drivers.

If that is the case, you should click the plus sign next to it (if there is one) and highlight the device. Then click the properties button, and locate the tab for Driver. Click the Update Driver button and follow the instructions. When it asks for the drivers put the floppy disk you created in the A: drive. That should do it.

Sorry about this, I wasn't thinking all the way yesterday and forgot that it is possible to skip the driver installation and end up with an "unknown device" installed. That is probably most likely what happened.

Thanks Dachay - I reinstalled the board, and loaded the drivers with Wizard. It's all working! Thanks to Eyes too. Couldn't have done it without you.

Bob

Buffalo Bob said:
Hey Dachay-

Where in Joisey are you? I'm from South Jersey myself.
From your avatar, I would say waaaaay South Jersey. :)

I'm from the New Brunswick area. (Sayreville.) Used to live in Marlton a few years back - next to Cherry Hill.

Hello I have the delta 66 and I need to install it. Should I first go to the M-audio website and download xp drivers?

caleb2438 - yes.

Dachay - New Brunswick is a pretty area. I grew up down south, Born in Camden, lived in Runnemede and Willingboro. Spent a lot of time in Marlton, back when it was "the sticks"!:D
Of course, back then, ALL of south Jersey was considered "the sticks".
Thanks again for the help.

Bob

Back