Delta 44 will it be able to do ADAT?

faabud

Hi recently I was about to purchase the Delta 66. But it was sold out... it's gonna be a month till they get it in. But I can get my hands on a Delta 44. I really don't need the extra 2 inputs of the 66 I was just going for the 66 cuz I thought it'd be easier to grow to Adat capablities later (as my music progressed I'd want to use Adat).

Anyways currently I have a

Mackie 1202 Pro VLZ Mixer
RNC Compressor (I love it)
Shure SM58

I want a 24bit/96khz audio card though and I am buying the Rode NTK as well...

I sorta just want to buy the 44 tomorrow but I'm scared that it may not be able to grow with me.

I will only be recording vocals (Rnb, hip hop, commercial vocals etc) so I don't need the extra inputs.

Since I have a Mackie mixer I am thinking that later on the road I could probably somehow add Adat capabalities later on...

Basically does the Spdif's of the 66 warrant the 1 month wait. I'm impatient I want to record... I can't have a Rode NTK sitting here with out a 24 bit card! It'll drive me nuts!!!!

Any suggestions on what I should do? Or any other 24bit cards out that are in the $500 CANADIAN price range...

Oh I have a Pent 4 1.5 Ghz, 384 RDRAM, 80 gig 7200 rpm, computer...

Just in case that matters.

What do you mean, ADAT capabilities? It has no ADAT digital interface, if that's what you mean. You can of course send four analog tracks out of it to four inputs of an ADAT, or vice versa, and sync to an ADAT via MIDI synch if you have a MIDI interface...

As long as I can later down the road (talking about 3-4 years later), mix down to Adats, and fully get the use of dats.

Sorry I wasn't clear... it's not that I need it right away but I sorta want the system to grow with me in time and not be something I'd have to upgrade right away...

hmmm basically I want 24bit/96khz... and later down the road the ability to send my mixs to dat...

Hope that's more clear...
if not I'll reply later trying to explain more what I mean.

If you don't need the adat capabilities now, go with card like Delta 44 if it pleases you, and when you need that adat stuff then consider buying dsp24 ADAT or something like that. They should be dirt cheap after 3-4 years.

Back