Delta 44 sound card not giving out any sound

Phact

Ok so i take out my previous Creative Sound Card and install the Delta 44 pci card to the same spot. run up my computer and intall the drivers. it says everything is working correct. yet i cant hear sound from my speakers. i have a cable from out 1 into my speakers and i dont hear anything. does anyone know if i have to have a certain box highlighted or turned up in the m audio delta control panel...

a - set it up so that your computer recognizes the delta 44 multichannel as your sound driver (control panels, sound)
b - all outputs are MONO, not stereo. so, output ONE can send a signal to ONE speaker (aka, left speaker). Output TWO can send a signal to the OTHER speaker (aka, right speaker). You must use both to hear a full pair...you know what i'm sayin?
c - turn up the volume on the MASTER faders and WAVout1/2 in the delta control panels.

see if that works.h haha

***b - all outputs are MONO, not stereo. so, output ONE can send a signal to ONE speaker (aka, left speaker). Output TWO can send a signal to the OTHER speaker (aka, right speaker). You must use both to hear a full pair...you know what i'm sayin?
c - turn up the volume on the MASTER faders and WAVout1/2 in the delta control panels.

shackrock
--------------------------------

it's a mixer config imho...

yeah, it's a beotch at first...

If the drivers are installed, the only thing I can tell you is to make sure all of the settings in your recording program are set to Delta 1/2 and 3/4.

In Control Panel, Multimedia (I'm talking 98 here, there's probably something similar in XP), set the Playback and Recording devices to your 44.

In your recording software, select Wavout1/2 as your playback device.

In the Patchbay/router tab of the Delta 44 mixer application, fiddle with the options Wavout1/2 or Monitor Mix.

Also hook up out 2 to get both sides

FattMusiek said:
Ah, BullsHit. How's the Delta 44 working for ya?

Yeh really good so far.

The patchbay/routing stuff is not exactly intuitive and I'm still coming to grips with the Monitor Mix.

It's a whole learning curve at the minute as I'm also dialling in my new Yamaha mixer. Good fun though

well guys, thanks, it helped a little, im hearing some sounds....but when i try to play mp3s or any kind of sound file it doesnt work...but yet i can hear the windows sounds just clear when i start up....any suggestions....

Phact said:
well guys, thanks, it helped a little, im hearing some sounds....but when i try to play mp3s or any kind of sound file it doesnt work...but yet i can hear the windows sounds just clear when i start up....any suggestions....

for mp3, most need the Lame dll installed in C:\ system32 folder to decode, but that's not stopping a wav from playing, most likely some config issue... again, humm...

Fusion2 said:
for mp3, most need the Lame dll installed in C:\ system32 folder to decode, but that's not stopping a wav from playing, most likely some config issue... again, humm...

mp3 "rip" i meant, excuse please, most large appl come with the dll, but, a few don't, never mind, heh...

Phact said:
so no idea i take it

well, yeah, but i don't own a 44 i run 410's which should be close to a 44 imho, without doing the research, it's a config issue of some sort...

do a search "here" top right for "delta 44, there's most likely a few 44 users post with the same issue...

Back