delta 44... should i....

iravage

Hey, I think every post i've put up has to do with the delta 44, but really don't want to be disapointed when i buy it. For right now im going directly into the sound card which i will do when i get the delta (until i can afford a good mic). Im recording electronic drums and my guitar. To give you an example of the quality im geting now... http://www.angelfire.com/rock/nowayout/funky.wav .
Just making sure that the quality of the delta will give me somthing better then that.
Thanks Andrew

There was a good bit of hiss at the beginning, dont know if this was from the card or going straight in from the guitar or what....the Delta will definitely give u a better signal to noise ratio...when Im not playing, there is dead silence on my Delta card...no noise....you're obviously not going straight from the guitar to the card, what is in between (amp, effects box?)....

Gidge,the hiss is prob just my bad sound card,this was also one of the noiser sound samples that i did i think i had the volumes too high or somthing.But with the delta im sure it will be real clean. To record the guitar in that song, i went from my guitar, to the zoom 510 and then into the comp.If you have any audio samples of somthing you recorded with the delta i would really like to take a listen.
Thanks, Andrew

Yes you will be able to get a better recording than that without trying too hard. Of course running your zoom pedal direct is still going to sound like running your zoom pedal direct.

I know you heard some samples that I recorded with the Delta44...and those were all done in VERY short amounts of time and with cheap equipment (a POD for cryin out loud). I think they are far superior to anything I was getting previous to this card. Any noise you heard in them were from me being lazy and not moving back away from my monitor.

Just buy the darn thing! :) Outpost.com has a 30 day money back guarantee or something...but you won't want to use it! Plus at $199...you can probably sell it for more on eBay.

Slackmaster 2000

lol, slack i listen to your audio files a lot. I just wanna make sure im not wasting money, thats all. I plan on buying it real soon.
Thanks, Andrew

I surf Ebay from time to time and I hardly EVER see a Delta card up for sale.....maybe because when people buy them, they keep them cause they actually sound good?.....buy it...buy it...buy it....

Back