Delta 44 Operating Level in Linux

demensia

www.lukemacneil.com
Does anyone know how to set the operating level (+4,-10) on the delta 44 inputs in linux? I'm using alsa with envy24control. I'm stuck.. since I don't know what the card is set at.

Are you getting inferior sound quality?

Or not?

Or no sound at all?

Or some sound that's just not living up to your expectations?

Information, please!

I've got a Groove Tubes Brick, and I'm not getting a high enough level out of it. I'm using a balanced XLR->TRS cable, and I think the input may be set to unbalanced, I have the gain on the tube all the way up, and it barely tips the meters in the red when I am right up on the mic. I've tried both condensors and dynamics, as well as instruments.. with the same results. I think that the brick might be bad, but I'd like to ensure that its set for the correct operating level before I call groove tubes.

Can you boot up your machine to Windows, set the level with the M-Audio Control Panel, and then reboot into Linux? Not sure if the card would remember the settings after it is turned off, back on.

You know, I think that may have worked. It seems alot louder now.
Maybe I'm crazy.. I'll have to benchmark the two together somehow.

Awesome! Glad it worked :-)

One of these days I'm going to put Linux on my PC. Good to know that I can get the Delta 44 running. It would be neat to do all my tracking in Linux (so i don't get any hiccups while laying stuff down), and then mix in Windows so I can use my Waves plug-ins (along with N-track)

Back