Delta 44 noise, please help.

Mista Alt

I have an XP-30 hooked up to the my Delta 44 sound card (ins 1 & 2), and whenever I try to record from my XP-30 to my PC I get noise. I've already tried getting better cables and that didn't really help much..I also checked wether it was the keyboard, but it wasnt the keyboard, even though a little bit of the noise goes away when i remove the cables from the ins...The only time I get no noise is when I mute the ins..Can anyone please help me?

Thanx

Do you have any kind of preamp to put between the XP-30 and the Delta?

Depending on what patches you're using the output can be pretty low, and when you crank the volume on the Roland all you're gonna do is add more noise.

So a clean preamp would help matters in that case.

Also, make sure your audio cables are kept seperated from any line voltage (120volt) cords by about 4-6". That will help keep down induced noise in your audio, too.

No I dont have a pre amp..I've been thinking about getting a mixer because I am adding some more stuff to my set up. If anyone knows any techniques that can help me overcome this issue without please help me?

Thanx

You might try altering the input signal level for your Delta card thru the Delta control panel. I think the options are -10, consumer and +4. You might try selecting a "hotter" one so that you can turn down the input gain and hopefully get rid of some noise in the process.

Back