delta 44 - dropouts

martin

i'm having dropout problems with my delta 44. i shouldn't be, considering this is my setup:

pentium III 550mHz
224 mB RAM
brand new, empty maxtor 40GB 7200RPM HD, dedicated to audio files

i've experienced both dropouts and "poppy" audio playback in both cooledit pro and cakewalk 9. it only occurs at 24-bit, 96kHz when another track is being played back while recording. the dropouts occur with only 2 tracks total!

when i deselect "simultaneous playback/record", the problem goes away, but obviously then i can't hear my previous tracks.

i've played with all the buffer and latency settings, and turned down the video acceleration as recommended by the manufacturers. there is no IRQ conflict.

everything seems right... why am i still getting dropouts? please help.

i too have had this problem of which you speak. i tried all of the same things you did to fix this problem. the only thing that i found to work, for me, is when i recorded more than one track, or played back more than one track, the problem was resolved. there had to be something in my latency/buffers. what i have started to do is record the drums, using four tracks. i have yet to have that problem again. if possible, give tyhis a try if it is even an option for you!

Back