Delta 1010lt rookie...please help :)

dkimcohn

hello sound people...
Ok so I got me a delta 1010 lt, and want to use it with ableton live 4.
I did install the soundcard correctly cause my computer recognizes it, so as the program. I skimmed through the manual, it's still very confusing.
Now what I'm trying to do is connect one of my grooveboxes or micro korg to the soundcard connectors. There are so many and I just don't know how to patch the thing through the m audio program.
what's the difference between asio and mme?
I know it's a long response but can any 1010lt lover help me out?
if not is there a website or does the m-audio representatives help me out.
PLease I'm desperate :confused:
Thanks for your time

dkimcohn :(

You're going to want to connect your boxes/Korg to inputs starting with 3 and 4. They are beige colored cables, and In 3 is going to be White and In 4 is going to be Red.

In order to hear anything, you'll need to hook up amplified speakers/headphones to outputs 1 & 2, and set those outputs to Monitor Mixer in your Delta Control Panel. This way you can actually hear something. After that, it really depends on your recording software to select the inputs for recording and so on.

ASIO is a driver type. I don't know about MME. Being on Mac OS X I use CoreAudio so I have no idea what to tell you.

Stick to ASIO with programs like Live.

MME is the original Windows audio program protocol (Microsoft also call it Wave), it has it's advantages, but mainly with playback only applications.

yeah DEFINATELY stick with asio drivers built in with the sound card. other drivers r slow and weak. as for connections, id recommend getting a mixer (even a behringer *hides in the dark corner from being scolded by other members). it'll make ur connecting process much easier, or at least i think it is.

cool got it working....but couple more questions...

hey guys thanks for the help...
ok so I get sound to the program, by doing the connections that you told me. :)
I have a general question now about the sound card though. :p
Ok so the delta 1010lt has two connections ports. the left one with the beige (in) cables and the black (out) cables, two for mic, and then the other port.
ok so...
If I'm already using in 3 and in 4 to connect a groovebox, that leaves me with in 5 and 6, and 7 and 8, (beige cables) with the 3,4,5,6,7,8 black out cables.

If I want to connect another groove box and keyboard, I would use one machine for in 5 and 6, and another machine for 7 and 8..right?
What do I do with the other out cables? 3,4,5,6,7,8?

What's spdif really for? what's the purpose of using it? what can I connect there.

So also in general how many machines can I really connect and use, by using the soundcard, at one time or at the same time?

**I get confused with the manual :rolleyes: **

Back