Delta 1010LT Hookup Question

velvetomatoe

Hey everybody, I have two (hopefully) simple questions. First, I'm trying to run two sets of systems to monitor sound output. My Sony CD player which has a video/MD line in/out and a Kustom PA head w/ speakers. When hooked into Outs 1/2 both work independently so it's not a question of whether they'll work or not. However when I run one into Outs 1/2 and the other in Outs 3/4 I can only hear the one coming from 1/2. I was wondering if there is a way to simultaneously output both as a sound source, as in having Outs 1/2 and 3/4 output the same source. I want to use the stereo for regular listening and the Head as a studio monitoring system. Any help would be much appreciated.

Secondly, the XLR mic In cables both function as are supposed to, however I was wondering if there is a way to configure so that Mic In 1 can output to both L and R channels and vice versa with Mic In 2. In short, can both mics input to both channels when independently connected? As the card is set In1 is left and In2 is right. (unless that's backwards, but you get the idea)

Any and all help will be much appreciated as I'm very new to this soundcard (have had it less than a week) and I'm trying to get a grasp on it all before doing and real recording.

i might be wrong - but - if i remember you can only come out of one set on the deltas. someone correct me. so i would come out into a switcher device
that will then link to the cd player and the pa. try out a line mixer sometime.
i used to have a line mixer that did this. ie....output from sound card in stereo ...then into two channles on the line mixer with each channel hard panned left and right. then out of the line mixer to two destinations.
on the mic issue. i'm not sure what your trying to do.
you should be plugging the mics into the xlr mic inputs of a mixer feeding the sound card. do you have a mixer ?

Though I do not have the software to exploit it, I believe that you need multiple send capability. I still have not figured out the 1010LT routing however, which may offer a solution.

I cannot address your second question, but my gut tells me most likely not. Let us know.

Thanks for the input, I'll have to try that out and see what I come up with. No I don't have a mixer right now. I'm in the process of ordering one of those Yamaha MG102 mixers but hasn't arrived yet. So I shouldn't be going direct from mic to card is what you're saying? It should be mic to mixer to card? Either case I guess I'll wait for mixer to come before trying anything further. Thanks for the help.

velvetomatoe said:
Hey everybody, I have two (hopefully) simple questions. First, I'm trying to run two sets of systems to monitor sound output. My Sony CD player which has a video/MD line in/out and a Kustom PA head w/ speakers. When hooked into Outs 1/2 both work independently so it's not a question of whether they'll work or not. However when I run one into Outs 1/2 and the other in Outs 3/4 I can only hear the one coming from 1/2. I was wondering if there is a way to simultaneously output both as a sound source, as in having Outs 1/2 and 3/4 output the same source. I want to use the stereo for regular listening and the Head as a studio monitoring system. Any help would be much appreciated.

The way you do this is to in your recording s/w, route each track to an aux bus and output the Aux bus to DeltaOut3/4. The in the Delta Control Panel, select Wavout3/4 under H/W Out 3/4

velvetomatoe said:
Secondly, the XLR mic In cables both function as are supposed to, however I was wondering if there is a way to configure so that Mic In 1 can output to both L and R channels and vice versa with Mic In 2. In short, can both mics input to both channels when independently connected? As the card is set In1 is left and In2 is right. (unless that's backwards, but you get the idea)

Any and all help will be much appreciated as I'm very new to this soundcard (have had it less than a week) and I'm trying to get a grasp on it all before doing and real recording.

Not sure how or why you'd want to do this. With a mixer you would just pan both mics down the middle. Are you trying to get both mics onto 1 track in your s/w? If that's all you want to do just copy & paste

Back