Delta 1010lt DMA buffer size

enferno

i currently am running 2 delta 1010lt's, and i was wondering if was possible to combine both of the cards DMA bffer size?

i ocassionally freeze cubase when i am running a full mix with all effects and everything.

i have a 2.3 ghz, 512 ram, with a 1.2 ghz front side buss, so it runs rather quick, but none the less, i ocasionally crash.

Not sure what you mean here, the two cards should be managed by the one driver, different buffers surely cannot occur?

Are you sure you have the DeltaASIO driver selected in Cubase, rather than Directsound and whatever else may be offered?

yes i have the delta selected in cubase, but in the delta control panel it has two different profiles for settings; one for each card.

As I'm sure you realise, you can't use different ASIO dma buffer sizes in Cubase - they must be the same for all cards controlled by the one driver.

Have you configured the cards for multiple operation?

Here's what M-audio say...

"- You will need a 75 Ohm S/PDIF COAX Digital Audio cable for the external synchronization.

- Define one of the Delta Series cards as the card running in Word Clock Master mode. Best would be to choose the card that doesn't share an Interrupt (IRQ) with any other device (check the Device Manager for IRQ sharing). When using a Macintosh Computer, choose the card in the lowest PCI slot as the Word Clock Master.

- Set the selected Word Clock Master card to "Internal Xtal" in the Delta Control Panel's "Hardware Settings" tab. In the Patchbay/Router tab, set this card to "Monitor Mixer" for the "HW Out S/PDIF". Activate "Single and in sync".

- Connect the digital output of this card with the digital input of the second Delta Series card. Set the Master Clock of the second card to S/PDIF ("Hardware Settings" in the Delta Control Panel). Activate "Single and in sync" for this card as well.

- If you are using three Delta Series cards, the second card should also be set to "HW Out S/PDIF" for the "Monitor Mixer" in the Patchbay/Router tab.
Make the same settings for Delta card #3 and # 4.

If Delta Audiophile 192 card is part of your setup, make sure to use this card as the last device in the synchronization chain. "

Back