Delta 1010 won't lock to incoming wordclock

Capt. Snazzy

Anyone else getting this? I've used one for years (delta 1010) and love it.
So I decided to buy three more to replace a motu 24i in another audio workstation, then clock both computers using a lucid genx6 96, hooked it up and the M-audio control panel shows that incoming wordclock is locked, open up sequencer, play project and I can hear crap, (crackling, bad clock sound).
So I look at the M-audio CP more carefully and it is losing sync with some regularity. I've already tried different bnc and more expensive "wordclock" cables, I've used different ports on the back of the lucid, I'm using the newest M-audio drivers (...5051), I've tried different frequencies (48, 88.2, and 96khz) and there doesn't seem to be much difference, it always loses sync.I've pretty much run out of ideas.
Any thoughts out there?
It is really going to suck if I can't get all these interfaces locked to a common clock.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry to hear!

Capt. Snazzy,
I had some probs with my Deltas at first when clocking via wordclock.
I have 2 clocked to a Lucid genx6 as well.
I tried different cables / drivers / etc.It ended up that many of the 1010 units (particularly older ones) had problems with the circuitry on the wordclock input(getting broken somehow). It clocked perfectly to spidf (as did mine) but wordclock was intermittant. In fact, wordclock synch signal migrated a little into the audio. When I turned up the audio (monitoring) and switched from internal to spidf to word clock you could hear a slight ocillating high frequency sound when wordclock was in. It also showed it locking and dropping lock occassionally.

The fix is this: M-Audio has a free retrofit they will install if you call and set up an RMA. You pay freight there but they will fix and ship back on their dime.
When asked, I was told that this had been a problem for a while , but so few people actually utilized the wordclock sych feature, they did not have many complaints until the last year or so.

I had it done and my units work fine now.

Let me know if you have any other questions, When it comes to this problem, I have been all through it.

Tom
tom@tmixstudio.com

wow, thanks so much.

You're reply was exactly what I was looking for, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and expertise.

I'm calling them now, thanks again.

Aaron

Back