Delta 1010 Switches

Doink

Howdy folks. I recently picked up a Delta 1010 (not the LT version). It's been working out great, except for one little thing. It seems like the +4/-10 switches are causing the signal to cut in and out, but usually only with low level coming in. This is really only a problem on dynamic sources. Once a signal, like a distorted guitar, comes in strong and stays strong, it doesn't cut out. Wiggling the switches causes it to cut in and out too. And this is all regardless of whether it's set to +4 or -10.

Contact cleaner? New switches?

Mine has the EXACT same problem. I haven't found a solution as yet. As a result I'm gonna turf it in the new year and but a Audiofire

I know, doesn't help you much, but just letting you know myself and others have had the same problem.

Currious, I've got two LT's in my rig and they both have berg jumpers...not swtiches. No problems here.

punkin said:
Currious, I've got two LT's in my rig and they both have berg jumpers...not swtiches. No problems here.

Have you changed the jumpers as per the manual and also in the software? Those are mic input or line input sources, not just +4 or -10. You could be switching with the jumpers to create a mic in and feeding it a line signal. This will definitely cause the pres to come in and out because of overload.
You may know this but in the manual it shows the config. There are no hardware switches in the 1010LT that I'm aware of, and I have used 2 units for years.

punkin said:

We are talking about the delta 1010 breakout box. The switches on the back crackle quite badly when pressed.

I've got the perfect answer. Leave those buttons alone. I have a 1010 also and never had a single problem with them.....maybe if they are used as a "set and forget" feature, your problems will stop....

Honestly, I see no reason to mess with them. If your recorded signal is weak, turn it up or boost it post tracking. If it's hot, turn it down. :confused:

lomky said:
We are talking about the delta 1010 breakout box. The switches on the back crackle quite badly when pressed.

Sorry wasn't paying attention. Even my Mackie board crackles a bit when I switch from -10 to +4. I make sure the amp is attenuated first. If it actually cuts out on its own, then it may need some cleaning solution. bad continuity.
Just a sugggestion.

Zed10R said:
I've got the perfect answer. Leave those buttons alone. I have a 1010 also and never had a single problem with them.....maybe if they are used as a "set and forget" feature, your problems will stop....

Honestly, I see no reason to mess with them. If your recorded signal is weak, turn it up or boost it post tracking. If it's hot, turn it down. :confused:

It's balanced vs unbalanced. And mine will actually crackle if the unit is bumped.

Did anyone ever find a solution here?

It really does sound like dirty pots. To tell you the truth, I haven't touched these switches very often, if at all, and the problem seems to be getting worse. It seems like you should be able to spray some DeoxIT somewhere to clean the switches up, but when I crack open the unit it doesn't look that straight forward. I hate to toss the unit for something so seemingly simple. Any suggestions?

Back