Delta 1010 Question

Stratoman79

I have the Delta 1010 which gives me 8 RCA inputs. I want to record drums using all of these inputs simultaneous. What is the best way to go from a MIC into an RCA plug with out having to submix. I want 8 seperate tracks. Not 8 submixed into one track. Help Me Please.

First off, are you talking about the 1010 or the 1010LT?
The 1010 has 1/4" balanced inputs, not rcas.

You need a multitrack capable recording program like Cakewalk or Cubase. You would arm the eight tracks you want to record on, and on each track specify the input source (Delta In 1 left, Delta In 1 right etc.)

If you're talking about the 1010LT, it has 2 preamps. You can plug a pair of dynamic mics onto those, and record directly onto the first 2 tracks. The other 6 inputs will require preamps or a mixer. Best way is to plug the mics into a mixer, and output from the channel inserts or direct outs into the 6 soundcard inputs

I have Cubase, and I know how to get the tracks to record simultaneously, but am looking for the best way to convert to RCA so I can have individual tracks for each piece of the drums.

Did you say the INSERTS on a Mackie board will act as an OUTPUT that I could go directly into the card from? I've never tried that before.

Stratoman79 said:
Did you say the INSERTS on a Mackie board will act as an OUTPUT that I could go directly into the card from? I've never tried that before.

Yeh just use a 1/4" TS jack and push it into the insert socket to the first click. If you want rca at the other end just get a 1/4"-rca cable or converter
plug

Bulls Hit said:
Yeh just use a 1/4" TS jack and push it into the insert socket to the first click. If you want rca at the other end just get a 1/4"-rca cable or converter
plug

So you aren't pushing it all the way in? Can you explain why that is to a moron like me? :p

davus said:
So you aren't pushing it all the way in? Can you explain why that is to a moron like me? :p
Insert cables are special 2-way cables that route the signal to an outboard processor, then back in again to the same socket. If you don't need the signal to come back, you can use an ordinary mono jack plugged in to the 1st click and output the signal straight to the soundcard

Back