Delta 1010 line assignments

Dk0r

The following will determine whether I have my 1010 repaired or not:

Is it possible with either m-audio or third party drivers/software to route pc audio from different applications to different outputs on the delta?

I'm trying to make it so that the volume of, for example, synthogy is not the same as my instant messenger our system notifications.

If not, what device will allow for independent pc application volume control
that includes monitor (preferably both xlr and 1/4") and stereo headphone outputs allowing for several 1/4" inputs.

Last edited:
It is my experiance that regardless of which interface you use whether Delta 1010 , RME, Apogee or whatever, it is the host software you are using that you have to set to direct its sound to what card output you want.
I have had several different manufacturer cards simultanaeously in my computer, and they were all the same.

Multi track recording software will let you set preferences and even seperate outputs for each card out put.
Simpler windows based software may route everything through the windows (media) mixer which may force you to use 1 default output for all sounds.

Are you suggesting that in order to allow me to route audio from a single pc application to a specified output I will require multiple sound cards?

If not, then what driver/software will allow me to do this and is it hardware dependent?

No,
Not at all.
Absolutely not.
I am not saying that at all.

The point I am trying to make is: the place you make your assignments to which audio output you want the sounds to come out is part of the audio software program you are using.

In windows applications they default to the windows media mixer, but you can go to the media mixer and assign the audio out of any output your computer recognizes.In any recording software it is the same thing, in some cases every track you record can be routed to any audio output your computer recognizes.
Now in the case the volume being sent to that audio output is not controllable form individual applications in windows, that I don't know the answer to.

Back