Deja Vu!

prestomation

Hey everyone. You may or may not of heard some of the songs off my band aftermaths last cd, but here's a new one for you.

This song varies a lot from our usual style, it's very soft in comparison, but I think it will be the best song on our next CD and i htink it deserves some good treatment :)

I think it's pretty much done, but no one has really heard it yet(not even the rest of the band :eek: ), so i'm very open to changes.

Anyway, go to the site and check out Deja Vu.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/prestontamkin_music.htm

Thanks alot!

PS Don't bother with any of the other stuff on there, this is my site with old crap, i didn't want to put it on the bands site.

Hey thanks True!

Somebody else has got to love this tune as much as me! :cool:

What do you think of the lo-fi intro and then the outtro at the end? Thanks alot guys

Im diggin the voice. Was the clumsy playing at the start intentional? Is that what you mean by lo-fi? Lo-fi to me is bad lower quality sound. Like cutting all the his and los leaving just mids, or converting to 8bit, 22Hz or so.
nice mix and nice song. Like when it breaks into the fuller part. Not my style, but its cool.

Yeah, the intro was intentional, but i'm not sure i like it now. I ran the intro through some Izotope vinyl, i didn't want it to be too extreme, but the intro is thinned out a bit.

Can you guess the vocal mic? ;)

SM57?
I would re-record the intro so that it sounds more solid in playing, but the lo-fi idea is good and would definetly work. I would definetly make it more extreme. If you could add a vinyl crackle and cut most of the lo and some of the hi and boost the mids. Would sound wicked.
send us a PM if you re-do the intro. For the outro you could do a cross fade of the song into a lo-fi outro. Now that would be cool.

Good guess! We originally recorded live with vocals, keyboard, and guitar. Our guitarplayer(go figure) wanted to hear it with drums, so I stuck a 57 infront of the kit with the speakers blaring and he recorded the drums, that's what's on there now!

What do you think of the piano sound?

That outtro crossfade sounds like a fat idea :D

I like the piano sound. It works well in the mix.
Im glad you like the cross fade idea. Hope you try it out. Stuff like that will add an original touch to the track and will (hopefully) stick in folks head so they remember the song more. Pshycology in mixing!
Kinda thought it was a SM57 because it has qualities that sounded like an Sm57 was used. SM57s bring lower frequencies to the recording.
Anthony Keidis of Red hot chili peppers uses an SM57 to record his vocals. He practically eats the microphone when recording!

Back