Define 3 words for me pleeeeeeze...

rj

This question has been posted elsewhere to no avail.
1. Sound Drivers
2. Mixer Maps
3. Drum Maps
I Guess all 3 words are computer soundcard software related and dont know but maybe mixermaps/drum maps are steinberg cubase related, I dunno!
Definitions please??

Hey RJ

1. A sound driver is a file (files) that is necessary for your sound card to work correctly. These are available from the manufacturer. Example: www.creativelabs.com Go to support, download the latest drivers. Usually when drivers are updated they correct some bug in the previous or add an enhancement like, full duplex operation.

#2 and #3 I believe are steinberg related. I have not used these features so I cant be of much help with this. The drum maps are midi related I'm sure - Dr Stawl would know.

Emeric

Don't really know about mixer maps (sounds like it's related to the CW feature allowing a cartoon visual representation of an actual mixer using MIDI to simulate a ghost console; the maps each represent a different mixer)

The drum maps tell the synth what actual sounds constitute a drumset. This set is given a patch #; this allows drumsets to be switched in and out with one patch change command. With other instruments, the MIDI pitch parameter controls the pitch (duh!) but with drums, each pitch value is associated with a particular drum sound; tom, snare, bongo etc.
Not to be confused with the MIDI implementation of a timpani or taiko drum, where the pitch parameter works the same as for a guitar patch.

Back