Deep Purple cover-update

any eq geniuses here, that can give ideas/opinions about getting the low end punchy without woof?

i'm talking this mix, not 'any' mix....

any eq geniuses here, that can give ideas/opinions about getting the low end punchy without woof?

i'm talking this mix, not 'any' mix....

If you send me a stereo mix without kick and bass guitar, and also the kick tracks and bass tracks, I will get a tight but not loose or muddy low end for you.
Then I will tell you exactly how I did it.

Its a lot easier to do it this way than for me to try and guess what frequencies to boost/cut , what compression settings to use etc.

If you want me to help you then send me a PM.

Eck

cool offer eck!!

alas, i only have a master mix of the drums....
a stereo mix, that was included in the original files that i tracked with...

makes sense, tho, what you proposed to do...

i'm always experimenting with bass rolloff, eq tweaks, compression tweaks, high pass, always looking to find frequencies where everybody gets to play nice.

i just haven't found my sweet spot with my monitors, room, and headphones..... where i know it's gonna translate onto other systems...

plus, trying to mix this more like the original sounds, has thrown me out of the modern, and into the vintage!

The master drum mix with all the effects already on it will be just as good.
Forgot to say, if you are sending me the tracks make sure all your effects have been bounced to the files. So you aren't sending me raw unprocessed tracks. :)

oh yea, you're right, i've got inserted effects on almost every track...

nothing's been printed....so to speak...

i guess i could make a copy of the song, and then simply apply the effects to each track........?

that's one of those things, i haven't learned how to do in Sonar yet...

that, and be able to monitor a mono track, panned centered in the cans, while tracking, without having the echo-y 'monitor' button on......!

LOL

i'm so lost.....

oh yea, you're right, i've got inserted effects on almost every track...

nothing's been printed....so to speak...

i guess i could make a copy of the song, and then simply apply the effects to each track........?

that's one of those things, i haven't learned how to do in Sonar yet...

that, and be able to monitor a mono track, panned centered in the cans, while tracking, without having the echo-y 'monitor' button on......!

LOL

i'm so lost.....
You can bouce each track seperately. It will be in one of the menus, either as "bounce" or "export audio", something like that. Solo each track and bounce with all effects on. :)

Doesn't matter if its mono or stereo, you will still have the echo effect.
What you need to do is turn off the playback function, so all you hear is what is going into your DAW (what is being monitored to record)
The echo is latency between what is going in (recording) and what is coming out (playback)

Hope that helps,

Eck

i have no trouble mixing bass, i hook up my analyzer and set all my sub bass frequencies at -9 db at all my kicks at -4

Back