Decent mix?

great song!

I really like the bass sound.

The acoustic is also nice.

really, really rich. Tell me about the reverb you used on the backing vocals.

The clean guitar down-strum and the cymbal hitting at the same time sound very harsh while listening.

Vocals are amazing. Backup Vocals are equally well and mixed well. :)

The harsh cymbal hit is acutally a little extra especially 'coz I'm on a home theater system, and it generally makes everything sound ok by controlling the quality into a balanced home user sound.

I would definitely recommend making the guitar a little warmer. Even if it is an overall "cold comfort" feel. The music/lyrics/vocals do sound chilly but I think the guitar can be a little warmer and maybe EQ'd down on the high-end. (regular members: I can't believe that I can actually sound like a Llarion imposter, Ha!)

edit: On second thought, maybe you can make the cymbal a little less thinner and more gongish and leave the guitar more on the high-end. Might be worth a try.

The ending has too much reverb/flanged sound on the vocals, for my taste.

Sounds like something I would listen to agayne (sorry, been watching the UK version of the The Apprentice and just feeling fascinated at the moment with the British accent). :)

This is cool...vocals are great and the mix production is very bright...kinda agree with bigbubba about the cymbals..kinda brash sounding.Really dig the BAss guitar and the acoustic.I think maybe just a touch of depth /verb to the mix would sound pretty cool.Really enjoyed this one,well done!

Maybe it is my shitty computer speakers, but LEVELS DOWN!! Cool tune, but holy shit that is loud. Cool tune, good vocalist.

Thanks people for the response. We kinda did this on a whim so I left the instruments pretty much stock, cept for the doubling on the little change part. I'm using drum loops, but I could check the eq. I hadn't noticed, so thanks guys for the input. Yes, Angel is my favorite singer, lucky me. She's mine, ok? He,he. I'll ask her about the reverb. It's just the 2 of us.
Thanks again. J.R. :p

Back