deathmetal stuff i'm doing

sirslurpee

What does THIS button do?
Yeah the vocals suck but its about the best I can do without my throat bleeding... Although that would be pretty cool.

http://www.myspace.com/l33ch3s

feel free to add/comment/whatever.
Also any input on it is helpful...
In fact, that's sort of why I posted it here. How is my mix? Is there anything I should consider doing differently?

Yah don't mix out the bass... too much of that in the history of metal.

This isn't the worst thing I've heard as far as guitars over a sequenced drum track, but you definitely need some bass, synthesized or not, up in that.

I have a friend that has nearly the same thing going with vocals as you do... it sounds really dangerous to me. You talk about your throat bleeding and all, but the more you belt a sound, the more harsh it is on your cords, man. Most death metal, metal, -whatever- vocalists that do growls and screams have determined a way of focusing down that "crunch" in their voice, otherwise they would be done after a year on tour. I personally am a smoker, so find it even harder to focus that sound and modulate your voice so it sounds evil and intense, but not tear up your body in the process.

My advice to find that would be wait until you are all alone in an isolated room, and just explore what sounds you can make by closing off and compressing parts of your voice (physically compressing your throat/cords, not electronically)... I'm pretty sure if Trevor Phipps wasn't using a technique that sounded great AND was safe on his vocal cords for whole shows, we wouldn't be hearing much of him. same thing with tim lambesis from AILD, or even whoever the current cannibal corpse vox is... CC method shouldn't hurt at all if you can physically do it XD

Yeah I know you said they wouldn't be the greatest, but thats why I wanted to give constructive crits, because the rest is just obvious stuff. If you hang around the board for a while you might be able to check out some of my new personal work to hear my vocals :cool:

kick ass thanks guys! yeah i didn't record any bass.. i didn't really think it needed it but I guess I was wrong.. I will throw a bass track in there soon then. Also for the vocals it doesn't really make my throat bleed but for some reason It seems like when i scream I am tightening too much with my vocal chords. I thought I had the deep growl down too but I can't pull that off either. I guess all I can do is practice with it and like you said try to do what I can without hurting myself. I know that nodes are not a good thing and I know that I can actually ruin my speaking voice by going overboard so I'll see what I can do..

btw soundvile when you get some of your work up PM me and let me know.. i'd like to hear it!

Everything needs a bass!!! especially Metal, even though it's considered "guitar-music", the bass is a guitar. :D
Here is a recording of our Coprolith's recent rehealsals.

Big ass mp3!!.. beware. My bass is really audible, but still they say they only notice it if I stop playing!.. :eek:

Back