dearmond pickup alternatives?

freeztar

I own a dearmond jazz box and I want to replace the neck pickup with something less "sharp". Any ideas? I'd like to spend less than $300. I've heard that I can get a good combo going with the onboard dearmond pickup at the bridge and an old gibson pickup at the neck. Does anyone have any remote experience with this stuff?

$300?

Yikes.

I assume you're trying to dump the GoldTone that just won't work on something like an X-155 for Jazz.

I have the same problem and intend to remedy it by just selling the guitar at a good profit and getting something more appropriate. Modding something into what it's not is good money after bad.

However...

You might want to check the size of the GoldTone and see if the standard Gibson humbucking pickup will fit, in which case you can get almost anything you can imagine to stuff in the hole. The surrounds are different (DeArmond 3-screw adjustment as opposed to the Gibson 2-screw), but they might mount the same into the body. They should be about the same.

Maybe a Duncan "Jazz"?

$300?

Yikes.

I assume you're trying to dump the GoldTone that just won't work on something like an X-155 for Jazz.

I have the same problem and intend to remedy it by just selling the guitar at a good profit and getting something more appropriate. Modding something into what it's not is good money after bad.

However...

You might want to check the size of the GoldTone and see if the standard Gibson humbucking pickup will fit, in which case you can get almost anything you can imagine to stuff in the hole. The surrounds are different (DeArmond 3-screw adjustment as opposed to the Gibson 2-screw), but they might mount the same into the body. They should be about the same.

Maybe a Duncan "Jazz"?

Back