Ddrum trigs and a DM5

I have Ddrum trigs (the Red ones) for my kick, snare, and three toms. I have a DM5. I get hella false triggering. Just random sounds. My drummer is very consistent. I have jacked with all the settings (Velocity, gain) to no avail. Any comments will be helpful.

You can't let the drums ring too much. Really ringy toms will mis-trigger all day long. Don't forget about the gain control.

Thanx. I think I'm giving up on the DM5 for now. It's just not working for me! :( I'm buying DFHS and drumagog, and I have these triggers. Anyone recommend a different method for these trigs? Sorry Alesis. :D

Gnash5150 said:
Thanx. I think I'm giving up on the DM5 for now. It's just not working for me! :( I'm buying DFHS and drumagog, and I have these triggers. Anyone recommend a different method for these trigs? Sorry Alesis. :D
I have these trigs with an old alesis D4 and don't have flase trigger probs. The D4 sounds aren't that great though.

Just plug the triggers into your mic preamps and record them as if they were mics. Then, insert Drumagog on each track.

the dm5 i seem to remember having some issues. you need to lower the gain. also try raising the mask time and scan. if your using an acoustic kit you need to make them dead as possible. try using tape or bass drum beater pads on the under sides of the toms and snare too. thick dead drum heads are better. i like power stroke iii-s. i wouldnt give up.if you have to maybe sell it and get a used roland td-6.its much better to me.

DRUMAGOG WORKS! I dont' like to jack with the drums, ya know. (Muting and what not) The drummer has his new heads, and they sound good. I just put moon gel on 'em. That Alesis module is just silly! :D I've recently purched DFHS too, so, YOUZA! Thanx everyone. Wanna buy a DM5? :D

Back