dBs :S

pandamonk

Ok, I didn't know where to put this, so i thought i'd put it where i hang out most.

I'm looking at upgrade my PA system. I have a pair of full range speakers, which i'll use for tops, and their dB limit is 125dB. I am looking at a pair of subs which peak at 133dB. How can i calculate the maximum dB for the whole system. I know 133dB + 133dB = 136dB, so what does 133dB + 125dB = ? Would the whole system be 136dB + 128dB at 1m?

Ok, I didn't know where to put this, so i thought i'd put it where i hang out most.

I'm looking at upgrade my PA system. I have a pair of full range speakers, which i'll use for tops, and their dB limit is 125dB. I am looking at a pair of subs which peak at 133dB. How can i calculate the maximum dB for the whole system. I know 133dB + 133dB = 136dB, so what does 133dB + 125dB = ? Would the whole system be 136dB + 128dB at 1m?

Just curious? I'm sure they are rated using pink noise, so there is really no real world relivance.

F.S.

Just curious? I'm sure they are rated using pink noise, so there is really no real world relivance.

F.S.
Yeah probably. But even so, a speaker peaking at 133dB should be louder than one peaking at 130dB, regardless of what's playing through it.

Hi, Panda!

I think you could try on "Other equipment "and/or" Rack forum" .Guys like Mshilarious/Dgatwood and others will help.

Ciro

Hi, Panda!

I think you could try on "Other equipment "and/or" Rack forum" .Guys like Mshilarious/Dgatwood and others will help.

Ciro
Thanks. Yeah i thought about that. I almost did, then thought about the acoustics guys here, and thought they might be able to help.

I love the building & display forum. Acoustics really interests me. :D

I might try it there, but it's not a huge issue for me right now.

Back