DAW (Reaper) problem

Tom0599

Hi.
I am a total beginner to home recording! ?
I have set up Reaper with my Behringer xenyx x2222usb. I am able to record things on it and then after I hit the stop button after I have recorded something, the pop up box comes up asking if I would like to save what I have just recorded and then it says "error recording media". I don't know why this is happening! I can see the sound waves on the track as I am recording so I think it is set up right, I just don't know why it says "error recording media"! After I says this, I click ok and then the recording I just recorded gets deleted so I can never listen back to it! Is there something I haven't done yet??
Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks
Tom0599

It sounds like there are two problems here.

The first is that I'm guessing there is a default recording path set in the Project Preferences that either doesn't exist or no longer exists (maybe a USB stick or removable drive).

Before starting to record, create a folder for the specific song. All the wav files will then be stored there. This is easy to do with the 'save as' command, which has a tickbox to create a subdirectory for the project.

The second is in the general preferences (as opposed to project preferences). CTRL P brings up the preferences. Go to 'Recording', then uncheck the box that says 'prompt to save/delete/rename new files'.

Hi! Thanks for your reply! ?
I have just done both of this things that you suggested and it is still saying the same thing!
I will post a picture of it, and then a picture of what happens when I click ok.
Thanks!
Tom0599

Attachments

• WP_20160522_001.jpg
    WP_20160522_001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • WP_20160522_002.jpg
    WP_20160522_002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
There are several ways of starting Reaper up.

One of the ways is 'Reaper (reset configuration to factory defaults)'.

Find this and start Reaper using it. This should get rid of any weird stuff in the configuration.

Yeah, I've seen error messages when I try to record something into a folder path that doesn't exist any more, either because I moved the folder, or bought a new computer and changed paths/folders, etc....

Go into "Preferences" and then "Paths". Make sure nothing is selected in any of the boxes. You'll see over "Default Render Path", it says "If left empty, current project directory will be used".

Back