Darth's band! Gotta hear me on drums!

DarthFaders

Spent far too long tuning them...but you might appreciate the tones!

A very rough mix here....missing more than half of the guitars...no vocals tracked yet...but I'm just hyped about the drum tones! Very minimal eq and compression on them. Lord Faders is way too excited right now....

So...here's a snippet!

Crank it!!!!!!

I like that panned delay on snare (am I right?) Sounds really cool, fits the loose feeling of this tune. Kinda wish I can hear the high hats a little better tho

good job

Al

Hey guys! Thanks for listening!

VERY SHARP A1A2...there is a VERY short delay on the snare...but it's mono, not panned. Good ears!

Darth

Yikes, monster drums. Perfect on my 'phones. That bass ate my ears....in a good way.

Cool man.

My only gripe is the panning of cymbals, it seems a bit extreme.

Pretty cool, I like the sounds from the drums. It had a nice throaty bonham type thing going on.

Wow, I can't really offer any suggestions here. Drum tones are great, especially the snare as everyone has mentioned -- crisp and sharp, but with body. The snare sound always seems to be the 'deal-breaker' with local bands recording around here (even in our 'big' studios).

Everything else works as well. Very clean with all the instruments in their right 'space' in the mix. The only difference between this and major label quality stuff is Bob Ludwig... :D Keep it up, Darth!

J

Yes, the slightly lower tuned snare drum is great for slower rock tunes, you nailed it! The sutle use of delay is perfect to fatten out the snare, if you made the delay stereo and slight panned the send it would be even phatter! :) But you probably don't need to. LOL...

Can you give us some info on what mics and pres you used for the drums on this track? I would also be interested in what kind of drums they are. I've been trying to get my tracks to sound like this, but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon

Back