Darla 16 or Delta 44/66

MPA

I`ve been looking for a new soundcard.
I have a Darla 16 bit. I thik the Delta 44 or 66 looking great. My question is this : "Would it sound better ?" Pleas help me.

Delta 66

I've got a Delta 66 and its great! Go for it! It'll be alot better than that 16-bit card. It has good drivers, a good software interface, and it sounds just fine. Have had zero problems with it.

What OS are you planning on using. If you have 2000, like myself, I'd shy away from the Delta's. The drivers are beta and I have not been able to record 4 tracks at once yet. No one has been able to give me a solution to this yet. I am looking at other options because Win 2k is going to be my OS and I refuse to change.
-H2H

I'd also cast a pitch for the Delta 66. The new Echo cards probably sound as good but that 2-in, 8-out architecture just isn't as appealing to me as 4-in, 4-out, since I do all my recording and mixing in the computer. I've had mine since May and it's super.

I can't complain about the sound. Very low noise and everything is really clear. BUT- until I can record 4 tracks at once this thing is useless to me. I have to record a live drumset and even 4 is a limitation, but one I could live with. Recording drums to 2 tracks really sucks.

I use the Delta 66 on all of my recordings, and I think it sounds incredible. Check out "How the Story Goes", "Dead Alibis", "Tracey", and "Wavelength" for a variety of sounds that I've captured with this card. They're all at http://www.mp3.com/37point5

Furthermore, the installation was a breeze, I've never had any technical problems with it (i.e., it works fine with all of my software), and the software mixer provided is very useful.

Good luck!

Ryan

Save the money. Wait until you can afford a Layla. The 20 bit version is under $700, the human ear can't tell the difference between 20 and 24 bit. Then you can record 8 tracks at a time and hook up a real mixer to mix your drums.

hey atomic tha prodigy,
cool name, have you figured out what you want it to mean?
(i'm from europe so sorry if i'm missing the obvious meaning of it.)

now i just posted a new thread about hookin up to a mixer.
would you please be so kind to go and check it i think you can help me.

thanx guhlenn

Back