Dark song, bright mix. What do you think?

Kerfoot32

Not sure how to classify this song. Has a dark ambient feel before turning hard rock. How is the mix sounding so far guys?

Not sure I like that background sound going on - that thing that sounds like someone tuning in a shortwave radio. It's a little distracting and it's occasionally producing some clicking sounds. I might fade it out right before the vocal starts or something. Keeping it active for that whole section gets a little fatiguing.

To me, the first section is missing some sort of percussion instrument. It needs something. The vocal effects during the first 1:40 or so get a little old. You eventually take them out shortly before the 2 min mark. I might take them out earlier.

The guitar in the section section is too far overdriven. It's just a bunch of fizz.

The drums need more power. Turning up the kick and snare would help. But I think there is also a problem with the samples you're using.

Me, personally.. the vocals are lacking energy, but that's obviously not your fault, the performers should just put more feeling into their music.
Some of the instruments seem a bit muffled to me, like they're inside one another and not in their own spaces like their supposed to be?
The guitar at the end did seem overdone to me, you could cut a frequency out of that, maybe drop the gain.. hell, even the fader..
All and all tho, this song has a lot of potential, and I'm sure you could fix it right up.
Hope the feedback helps..

I thought the drums were quite a bit better. A bit robotic. But much more "umph" than yesterday.

The crunch guitar might have a little less fizz than yesterday, but I'm not sure. It's still pretty fizzy.

Those were the differences I noticed from yesterday's mix.

Back