Dark slimy jazz in here...

Nik D

Another brick in the wall
This is the first jam of a song I'm recording with my friend. There's a bunch of flubs, but we're still jamming it out, and this is only the third take we've done. We're using his Fender Rhodes through my Vox Valvetronics. Eventually we'll add real string bass, bongos, congas, trumpet, and tenor sax once we've finished tracking the keys and drums. I'm still working on getting my nowhere radio account back up, so you'll have to download it (2.6 megs), sorry. Let me know what you think!

That a pretty sweet clip. Makes me want to grab bass.

That's pretty nice; I was just jammin' with it. I like those little half steps. Some I didn't figure out... tricky. :D

Last edited:
Hey Nik cool stuff man. Seems to be some potential there.
It streamed just fine here, though I did download it also.
Let me know if you want some help with percussion.

T

Thanks for the replies! I'm not sure what chords he's playing, but I'll check next time he's over. We probably won't be done tracking this one for a month or two, as we're still hashing out the song's form. Plus after we track drums and keys we still have to get everyone to collaborate.

Makes me want to go to the "Red Hat Jazz Cafe" I think the drums need to be brought up a bit in that solo part and make solos for all the other instruments as well.

Yep, we have the whole song layed out pretty much, we just need to decide how many bars the other instruments will need to solo for, then we'll be set. The song will probably end up around 6 minutes or so in the end with all the changes. We also are writing 2 other songs that you guys will probably dig, although we probably won't have those recorded for a while.

Back