daniel bedingfield - gotta get thru this

ollie99

Hey guys
for part of my music tech AS level course this year I have to recreate this daniel bedingfield track as closely as possible to the original.
There are some parts I am having trouble with though.

I am not sure how to get that building up swoopy sound at 21 seconds. Can anyone help out with this?
There is a similar sort of sound at 50 seconds as well.

Could any help me out also with that small electronic build up sound at 1:34?

I am using logic X and I would be very appreciative for any help.

I would start with a single oscillator and square waveform. Maybe set your filter about 1000Hz. Tie your pitch bend wheel to the filter input so hitting the pitch wheel raises both the pitch and the filter cutoff. Set the pitch bend range to a 5th. Put a fairly short delay on it with a medium amount of feedback and some reverb.

I'm trying to recreate that patch on a Voyager with a MF-104 SD delay and can't get it to sound quite as "thin" as that patch. You might try adding a second oscillator with a little bit different waveform and detune it to get some phase-cancellation that will thin it out a bit.

You're gonna have to do a fair amount of tweaking from what is described above but that should get you on the right track.

For the part at 1:34 try same patch a couple octaves lower, but this time turn up the attack on the volume to a bit under one second and set the other ADSR controls at "0" and don't use the delay. Maybe try adding a second oscillator to fatten this patch a bit.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out and if these setting were helpful to you.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back