Dancing Eyes

Love the fade in.

Has a plain white tees vibe to it. Nice job. If you knocked this out in a day, congrats. Sometimes that's the best way to do it. I could see this getting some kind of main stream rotation-but not as is. It has a demo feel to it, mainly because of the synth emulations, it just sounds a bit flat and rough. Could use a little high end and some serious polish, for what you are going for. But, for a single day of work I think you put out a very decent demo, and have something you could head into a big studio with and come out with something that might work on the radio. Not my thing, but I could see it working.

Prestomation,
I really dug this. Great tune; the vocal is very heartfelt and the performance is excellent.

I felt a little like the vocal got lost in the double bass as the strings came in. I was really digging the vocal and would like to hear it stand out a little more at that point. The vocal seemed to stay in the same place vs. the backing tracks that built up. Again, the performance was superb - just let the vocal build with the rest of the tune.

As a drummer myself, I wanted to tell your drummer to knock that splashy #$%@ off at the end. If you want to keep a crash cymbal ringing as a ride would, he shouldn't be bashing on a little 15" crash (or whatever that was). Gently ride the edge of an 18" crash or larger, or just stick to the ride cymbal.

Nice stuff.

Thanks for your feedback, everybody.
The lowend must be fine because no one commented on it :)

I've tweaked the vocals a little bit going forward. I also agree about the crashes, that's always been sort of an issue.

Thanks again!

The lowend must be fine because no one commented on it :)

It´s ok, but some points (ex: 1:40 2:10/12 and principally 3:16) sounds like you need compression or (-) eq (I think is bass guitar,not the BD, but take a look).

Guitars and voice are pretty well recorded, and performance is great.I think guitars could be a bit more wide opened (same with the hi hat).Snare lacks mid/hi frequencies IMO.

Overall, very good performance and tone :cool:

Ciro

Back