Damper Pedal for UMX49

jsonting

Hello, recording midi keyboard without a damper is really tough for me. So i decide to look for a pedal for my Behringer UMX-49. But when i hook up using Korg's pedal, it work terribly. The damper actually active when i don't step on it, but when i step on it, it cuts off the damp.
So i guess i have to choose the right pedal for it aye? But the problem is i don't know how to choose and where can i get one. Any help will be very much appreciated:D

well there's only two ways to wire a switch for this and obviously korg uses the other... these are called momentary switches (as opposed to a latchingtype) so they can be open and then close when you press it or closed and then open.... make sense??? if that korg pedal isn't being used for anything else you might be able to reverse it... do you have a meter?? to test connections and resistence and shit like that???

According to the manual, the foot switch connection has an automatic polarity detection feature. With the keyboard powered off, plug the sustain pedal in.
Turn the power on after the pedal is plugged in and see if it works. If it still does not work, try stepping on the sustain pedal while powering up the keyboard and see if that helps.

Another solution would be to buy a "universal" sustain pedal that has a polarity reverse switch on it. The M-Audio SP-2, Fatar VFP 1-25 and Boss FS-5U come to mind.

I have a whole bunch of these that I send out when I rent keyboards. That way I don't have to worry if my client knows how to change the sustain pedal polarity on the keyboard, or that I have to send a "Korg" pedal with my Korgs, "Yamaha" pedal with my Yamaha, or "Roland" pedal with my Rolands.

M-Audio SP-2, about $25.00 at Sweetwater or Musicians' Friend

Fatar/Quik Lok VFP125, about $30.00.

Just do a google search to find if your preferred vendor carries the pedal.

According to the manual, the foot switch connection has an automatic polarity detection feature. With the keyboard powered off, plug the sustain pedal in..

good thing to know.... alotta keyboards do it this way now... just didn't expect it on some little pos like this...

i borrowed a korg pedal, it won't work! Well, to be precise, it works the other way around. Sustain when i leave it there, and cut when i step on it. I tried to play with this reverse behavior but uh... u know i can be crazy to master it.
Anyway, is there any way to solve this? I tried the methods but not working. Should be an automatic detection right?

if it does have the auto detect... then just leave your feet off it while powering up and you should be good to go...

Back