Damage Control Womanizer

yag

Still Newbie
Does anyone know/have/use it? And can anyone compare it with tubescreamer from ibanez?

I've used both the Demonizer and Womanizer and they're both excellent pedals but in no way comparable in terms of use and sound to a TS.

You're going to traditionally use a TS to push an amp's input section into overdrive, then crank the bitch and get the speaker and power tubes working, which, with a decent speaker, will render you delicious, creamy, touch-sensitive distortion.

The womanizer is more like replacing the preamp completely, although you can use it as a boost to kick your amps preamp section too. You'll have much MUCH more versatility and it will change the character of your amp significantly if you let it; it's not a transparent pedal like the Fulldrive or the TS. It can do warm overdrive but can also get into fuzzier, more saturated territory and sounds excellent at low volumes, which cannot really be said for a TS if you ask me. The Womanizer also has a DI with a decent speaker sim. Coupled with the (imo) better tone at lower volumes and flexibility, I think it's a good choice for recording.

That said, where it REALLY sounds good and makes huge leaps and bounds for an overdrive tone versus any other pedal like that I've played, is through solid state amps. It takes a lot of the edge off and gives you a much more sensitive overdrive sound. I have a Rogue GS-100R that I HATE because it's distortion sounds like fizzy crap and the gain isn't even very high, it's terribly unsensitive...But the clean sound is kind of nice. This pedal made that amp very usable to me.

Thanks a lot;

What I would like/want from the womanizer are
* some boost when needed (not much)
* ability to use amps/speakers with sufficient clean,
* instead of carrying a heavy tube amplifier (with speaker) carrying it only, and using whatever there
* not disturbing my landlords while trying to record

Maybe I want too much,:confused:

Back