Daisy Chain two US-1800s

richie.huckeby

Hello,

I am new to recording and I purchased a Tascam US-1800 with Cubase 5LE. I was wondering if there is anyway to daisy chain two US-1800's to double my inputs. There are some drumkits I would like to mic and record that will need more than 8 mic inputs. If not, what are some suggestions anyone could give me about this. I am just starting out so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all and have a nice day,
Richie

I don't have a DAW setup but Im about positive that you can use all 16 inputs with the right hardware/software hookup. Somebody will answer this for you soon enough Im sure :)

Hello,

I am new to recording and I purchased a Tascam US-1800 with Cubase 5LE. I was wondering if there is anyway to daisy chain two US-1800's to double my inputs. There are some drumkits I would like to mic and record that will need more than 8 mic inputs. If not, what are some suggestions anyone could give me about this. I am just starting out so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all and have a nice day,
Richie

You can use 10 mics out of the box with the 1800, as there are 10 preamps. You just need XLR to 1/4" cables into channels 9/10 (though obviously not for condenser mics). To get more mic inputs from the 1800, you just need to purchase preamps, and run them through the line inputs. I used some inexpensive ART models to do this myself, previous to upgrading. It worked quite well. To get inputs from channels 15/16, you will need a preamp (two channel) with digital outs. Something like a ART DPSII or similar. You could even use a cheap mixer for two mic inputs sent to the line inputs of the Tascam. Though, not the best way, it will give decent results on a budget.

Tascam Man.. you just did what you claim others to do in your threads. Difference though, they have experienced info.

Back