D2424LV question

fimpen

Can any of you 2424LV owners tell me if Wordclock I/O is standard on the 2424LV. According to their website it is but the Swedish distributor told me that the wordclock ins/outs are on the optional timecode card.

Thank you!

fim

d2424

I am considering buying a Fostex D2424 and I also would like to know if anyone else has one ....?

What is good about it?

What is not good?

This site is a great place to find information about equipment,

Thanks

Dom Franco:)

Do you mean the old D2424 or the new D2424LV. They don't make the old one any more. I ordered a D2424LV yesterday and I'll get it in a couple of weeks.

The reason I chose it over the Alesis HD24 was that you can use the front panel as remote control and that you can work in bars and beats.

The Ethernet card isn't available yet. The optional timecode card is quite expensive but I guess you wont need it.

I'll get back to you when I'll get my new little baby.

/fim

I've got the 2424LV here at work. Unfortunately, I'm not a very knowledgeable audio person, just a newbie learning her way around.

Still, many of the folks here are quite knowledgeable with other units in the D series. Skippy, in particular, has saved my rear on a couple of occasions. (Thanks again, Skippy!)

There's also a Fostex-sponsored BBS at
http://www.fostex.com/cgi-local/bbs/ikonboard.cgi
It's not bad, with a lot of the same people, but there seems to be more traffic here on this board. (Plus, the folks on this board have been extremely patient with my oddball newbie non-music questions!)

I won't go into what I'm using them for (I think I wrote that in a previous post, I'll have to check and see). In essence, I'm simply replacing some 8-track 1/2" players used as workhorses. They get recorded to once, then played back zillions of times. Or maybe it just *feels* like zillions of times. :)

Don't be a stranger, fimpen!

-Waylena

Hmm. Dunno about Ethernet. Out of curiosity (and unabashed ignorance), what is the Ethernet for? (remote operation, data transfer...)

I am curious about your 80GB hard disk. What model of drive is it? (Should say during boot up.) What version of the firmware are you running on your D2424LV? (Methinks that's also displayed during boot up.)

I'm looking to purchase an 80GB drive (I bought extra caddies when I got the D2424LVs back in August), and I vaguely remember comments about trouble with larger drives unless the firmware has been upgraded. Right now I'm using 40 GB drives and they seem okay.

I checked the updated list of official compatible media, but I figure it never hurts to ask for user opinions.

-WayStar

The Ethernet is mainly for data transfer. At least, that's what I'm going to use it for.

The HDD is a Maxtor I think. Don't remember the model number. It's a 7200 rpm. I can check if you really want to know. The Finnish distributor, Noretron (that's where I bought it), installed the HDD and the newest firmware so I haven't bothered to look it up. It works and at this point that's enough for me.

/fim

Back