D1624 MTC problem

SF Audio

I'm running midi drums in cakewalk via MTC from the D1624. Works fine, except when I punch in record. The moment it happens, there's a skip in the time code for a second or so and of course the drums go off beat. Is there some setting that can help out here? Any software update? anything?

thanks

It didn't specifically goe into time code, unless I missed it. The issue is the MTC going off time when you do a punch in....anyone else?

I've never seen that problem on mine, but that doesn't mean much. What version of the firmware does your unit have installed? That may have something to do with it.

You need to be at at least 1.08, and 2.02 is even better- although Fostex US won't support it and really doesn't want their US customer base to have it. It basically converts your MkI unit into the MkII version that they aren't importing to the US. As far as Fostex US is concerned, the 824 and 1624 units no longer exist (so that they can focus on the D2424). However, the D1624 and D824 are still in production, and all new D1624 and D824 MkI units that are in the international distribution chain have V2.02 from the factory. It's just not available from Fostex here in the US. If you're interested in it, let me know and I'll send it to you.

I talk about the differences in it in this thread: https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80240

Back