D112, Beta 52, Sennnheiser E602...I need clips

drummerdude666

immature
This was previously in the Drummers Forum but no much luck over there.

Ok so my kick mic sounds like crap. After messing with it for years i can get a nice sound but it only suits rock (and only some styles at that).

So, a new kick drum hunting i must go. At some point in my life i've heard all 3 of the kick mics im considering now. I'm not considering any others at this stage as i think it might get a little confusing...

BUT if some people want to persude me otherwise then do still post clips of your mic in action,

What i'd like (and I know it's a lot to ask) is clips of the kick un-mixed, then it mixed. And finally in context of a song. If you've only got one then please still post it as i'd love to hear it.

I searched and search to find clips but the only one's i could find we're so old that all the links were dead.

Btw if this has been done before please link me to the thread, etc.

THANKYOU :D

i've got a d112... it varies wildly on which drum it's lookin' at, but generally is punchy and can stay pretty far ahead in a mix. i'm kicking myself for not having any clips. I run a freakin' studio and i don't have any clips online?!??! WTF mate?

Drummerdude, you've already commented on one of my tunes in another thread, so you've heard one of them. I use a D-112, for your information. Unfortunately, I don't have any clips of the bass drum alone or unprocessed, but there are about 12 songs up on my page, all using the D-112.
I'm sure I don't have to tell you, though I will anyway, that listening to all the clips in the world won't really tell you how a mic will sound on YOUR drum, with your tuning, the way you play, where you place the mic, how you EQ and process it, etc....The only way would be if someone put up 3 clips with the same kit, each using a different mic. But if you want to get an idea, all my tunes use the same kit and the same mics.

Yup, but i wanted to get a feel for them.......i know it sounds stupid.

I've used the Sennhiser before and liked the sound it got when it was unproccesed. But i havent used the D112 or Beta52 myself and i wanted to hear some unprocessed clips so i could see what they sounded like.

Yup every drum is different, but i still wanted to hear a rough comparison of what the mic sounded like.

Unfortunatly nobody near me sells mics, let alone as a kick drum i could A/B against. So i figured this was the next best thing. Thanks RAMI, I'll listen to your tracks again.

Btw i have been listening to the song you've posted a few times, drumming is dead on. It's wierd as you don't hear many drummers playing like that. So when i hear your tracks i hear things that i'd play etc.........it're really freaky.

Don't forget the Audio Technica ATM25 - a friend of mine has it and on my so far very brief time with it I liked it more than the D112 for what we were doing.

Actually, inside the kick, we use the AKG D112, the ATM25, the EV RE20, and sometimes, the AKG D12e, along with various mics outside the kick.

For most stuff we do (hard rock and metal), we could get by quite nicely with either the AKG D112, or the ATM25.

drummerdude666 said:
Btw i have been listening to the song you've posted a few times, drumming is dead on. It's wierd as you don't hear many drummers playing like that. So when i hear your tracks i hear things that i'd play etc.........it're really freaky.

Thanx D.Dude. Coming from another drummer, that makes me feel great!

Harvey Gerst said:
Actually, inside the kick, we use the AKG D112, the ATM25, the EV RE20, and sometimes, the AKG D12e, along with various mics outside the kick.

For most stuff we do (hard rock and metal), we could get by quite nicely with either the AKG D112, or the ATM25.
Sorry ... I didn't mean that you preferred it to any of the others, just that you like it a lot ... bearing in mind the price difference in the UK at least. :)

Back