cut&paste & how do I mix down to stereo file?

ultrajosh

I have a REAAALLLYY long "live" session (1.3 hrs) in Cubase SL 2 (it was imported) and I have one particular song I have been messing around with, adding effects, etc. First I want to move just this section to a new project to continue editing, second I want to mix down to something I can burn to CD and give to the rest of the band.

If I select the chunk I want, then cut and paste the song into a new project none of the setting seem to come with the tracks.

Also, how do I mix the song down - can I do it in real-time? Where do I capture the stereo mix? What's the best format to mix into?

PS: I have ordered Craig Anderton's book but would like to do this now. Tx

I would duplicate the track (right click and select duplicate) which will also copy any insert effects etc to the new track. Then you can delete the sections that you don't want.

To mix down click on file/Export/Audio mixdown. You can then select what file format to use. I usually select wave format..

Craig's book is awesome btw..

Cheers.

im a new user and i recently got the soundblaster 2zs platinum with cubasis vst version4.0 and i was wondering who craig was and whether or not this book would help me master the program???

Back