Custom Paint, Knobs, etc, help...

Nosferous

Okay, I'm having a themed guitar made.
Well, I'm buying a base guitar and getting it altered accordingly

I need your help finding places where I can aquire and/or they can perform below services:
-Custom knob shapes (tuners, volume/tone, 5 way toggle switch),
-Full custom body wrap around paint- along with guitar headstock and pick-up painting, knobs, basically everything...this I guess could be considered an eleborate paint job. It's gonna be multi-colored with moderate to advance detail required in the painting. I found a place that can do my paint request- but wanna see if there's any place that can beat it...

- also think I found a place to get my neck, but suggestions would be appreciated- looking for a neck as close as possible to Jackson dinky style neck.

I'd prefer the places have an online site with a gallery so I can get an idea of their work and experiance.

I think that's about it....

thanks

For painting, look at local shops that paint motorcycles. They can generally do whatever art work you want. Remember though, dollars will vary greatly depending on what you want. Here is one of mine that I got painted.

http://home.comcast.net/~bonrox/guitars/Callie.htm

For knobs and such, just go out to Yahoo and search for guitar knobs. You will find a couple thousand sites that have them.

WE do almost no refin work anymore. We finish our own guitars, and we will refinish guitars we own (I am working on a 1970 Les Paul Deluxe right now, for instance, which we bought from a customer), but when people come in and ask us to do refinishing, we send them to Lay's guitar in Ohio.

Don't expect to get this done cheap though. For what you are talking about, I would be suspitious of anyone who would do it for less than $1500. It is a LOT of work. For airbrush work, Motorcycle guys are probably your best bet, but give Lay's a call.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Just out of curiosity, how are you refinishing the DeLuxe? Mine is a goldtop, but typically people who worship standards show no respect for ***MY*** guitar.

BTW: full disclosure: I spent the '60's custom painting motorcycles & helmets.

thanks for the replies so far.
some of the sites I've checked out before even posting this like www.warmoth.com/- which is probably where I'm getting my neck from.

Right now the current place I've been talking to about doing my painting needs gave me an estimate of "about $1000"

which included the whole body- front/back, pick-up cover painting, headstock painting, knobs and clear coating.

I need all the options I can get, so keep the info coming- thanks again!

lpdeluxe said:
Just out of curiosity, how are you refinishing the DeLuxe? Mine is a goldtop, but typically people who worship standards show no respect for ***MY*** guitar.

BTW: full disclosure: I spent the '60's custom painting motorcycles & helmets.

Just sprayed the color today. It is Gibson Burgundy, which was a standard color option for that guitar the year it was made. It was originally a sunburst, but I did not feel like doing a sunburst (they are a lot of work), and the Burgundy will cover the left over bits of sunburst very nicely.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back