Cursor problem

bigtom

While editing in cubase 4 my cursor started to move across the screen then continued to move off the screen while in play mode. The screen used to move to the next screen as the cursor got close to the edge of the screen but now the screen does not move unless I use the scroll tab at the bottom. I tried to set the cursor to stop in the middle (in preference) so the screen would scroll under the cursor but the cursor continues to keeping moving across the screen then disappears from veiw. This is happening in two projects. So far the other projects are fine but I will soon be editing them as well. I don't know what I did to make this happen. Prior to this happening I shut off key commands because I had bumped some keys and changed something that took me hours to figure out what I had changed.
Please help,
bigtom

sounds like you clicked off the autoscroll button, it is between the snap button and the cursor tool select toolbar on the top of the sequencer window.

Thanks altitude909,

That's what it was. I spent a couple of hours last night comparing a project that worked to a project that didn't and never noticed that. I even looked in the book, but I never thought of the term autoscroll, so didn't know where to look for the info. Once again Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!!:):):):):):):):):)

Big Tom

Ah, this actually happened to me recently. I was really confused for awhile until I started clicking around and figured it out. I'm no Cubase expert, so when something goes wrong, I tend to click around and freak out until I get it right :D

Back