Curious

Envy The Pea

I'm thinking about expanding my recording experience by getting n-track. I currently record using the BR-1600 multi-track but would like to do wave editing and the like. I have a laptop with a pentium 4 and 2.80 Ghz processor to use for the software. Is this fast enough? Do I need anything else? Can I record my tracks on the multi-tracker and import them to n-track or do I need additional hardware? Thanks for any help. --Envy

N-Track does not contain a wave editor, although you can launch an external wave editor from N-Track.

You laptop is more than sufficient, although if you use a lot of tracks (20 or more...I'm guessing), then most laptop harddrives may not handle the requests. They usually spin at 5400...but some do spin at 7200. Anyway, that is irrelavent to N-Track. You should also have 512 of RAM (or more if using VSTi).

You can actually us N-Track as your multi-tracker. But, if you did want to import your existing tracks, all you'll need to do is get them onto your computer into a .wav format.

Thanks, David! But if I start using N-track as my multi-tracker-- what will I tell my wife about that other piece of gear sitting there unused? Not only that, I have my monitors connected through the BR-1600. And what about connecting mics and guitars... don't I need another piece of gear to interface all of that?

My guess is that you're board has 'line out' that you can run a cable directly to your sound card. Probably dual male RCA to 1/8" stereo.

Unless there are other interfaces available that I am not aware. It should be as simple as getting a cable.

You should consider posting this in the 'Equipment' forum...there may be other ideas.

Back