Cubase w/ MPC 60

rajaa11

Hi all, I useing cubase 5.0 vst 32 with a akai MPC 60 and i haveing trouble sync the two up.......1st) when i use cubase as the master the mpc drops out alot. I tried changeing the beats per min from 24 to 30 drop and that didn't help ......2nd) when i use the MPC as the master i keep getting tempo changes that makes cubase change up and down, say the tempo was 100 it changes cubase from 99 to 101 and back down again over agin......3rd) I look at the tempo changes in the MPC 60 and there is none but i still cut any tempo changes that it might have thought it had off but i still get the same out come...........thanks

i think it's because cubase is trying to keep up with the MPC's clock. the best way out is to tell the Akai to send out MTC. tell cubase to read MTC. you will have to tell cubase what tempo the akai is working at, but once you do this, they should sync up fine.

same out come

Hi long wave studio, I tried what you suggested and no dice i still get the tempo changes. on the mpc there is pulse96 & fsk24 formats of how it sends midi to an external device but i tried using all of these and nothing. then on cubase i tried mtc and mmc but nothing worked..........peace

try setting cubase as the master then.

on the akai,set it to slave.

in cubase, go to syncronisation, set the timecode base to internal, tempo base to internal, then in the SYNC OUT section, set the TC out to ON and the MIDI CLICK to OFF.

you will need to set the tempo of both units manually. they should work together now.

Back