Cubase VST/32 5.1r1: Can't setup patchname device!

Forte

When I click the "Patchname Source" pop-up menu in the "Setup Instruments" box, I don't get the "Patchname Scripts" option like I it says I'm supposed to in the help menu.
I clicked on "Patchname Device" so I can set it up, but nothing pops up! I can't select anything!
Is this a common a bug? I'm trying out 5.1 for the first time (I've only used Cubasis) so don't really know what's up.
I searched this forum and Cubase.net but haven't found anything as to how this can be. I've also used the repair function and uninstalled it but nothing's helped.
So now, I don't have the list of GM scripts. I guess I could memorize them or something, but....

The help menu says that it's supposed to be a .txt file in the "Scripts" folder, but the only .txt file I found in there were inside the "Inactive" folder.
What's up?
Do I have a buggy demo? Can it be fixed?

Edit Note: I just checked the .pdf file and it showd me a picture of what it's suppsed to look like. Why don't I have those things!!! I took the pictures out of the .pdf to better illustrate what I mean.
For the Patchname Source pop-up, I don't have the "Patch Name Script" option; for the the Patchname Device pop-up I don't get anything!!!

Last edited:
Patchname Source picture - I don't have the first option.

Attachments

• pnsource.jpg
    pnsource.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 17
Patchname Device pic - nothing pops-up when I click on the arrow!!! I can't use the "setup" option.

Attachments

• pndevice.jpg
    pndevice.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 16
Ok, I decided I would try using 5.0r6. It's working now. I wonder why 5.1 didn't show the patchname?
Anyway, I'm still not liking Cubase very much. It's MIDI editing capabilities are great, but I find it rather difficult to use step sequencing (step-time entry?). I think nTrack was much easier to use. To be honest though, I don't like Cakewalk and Emagic is now a Mac exclusive. I don't know where else to go. :(

Back