Cubase UI questions

Scorepio

Hey there~

I'm thinking of making Cubase my next audio production tool, and joined so I could get a feel for "the user experience" with Cubase.

I do have a couple of relatively trivial questions as to how Cubase does things, if you have a moment to give me some feedback.

1) When you change the meter, I assume there's a window that opens and allows you to fill in the 3/4, 6/8 or whatever. However - most often, I just need the change for a few bars. Is there an option for how many bars should be at the new meter, so that a return to the previous meter is automatically inserted after that number of measures?

2) Say that I forget to turn on the audio interface prior to firing up Cubase. I assume it gives some kind of error message, but does it then recheck after you click "OK" or whatever on the msgbox? Meaning I get the message, then go "Duh Me", turn on the interface, which then makes it available for Cubase.

Or do I have to proceed into Cubase without an interface, then quit the program, then fire it up again with the interface on?

These probably seem like silly little things, but it'll give me a little hint as to how much attention was paid to workflow issues.

Appreciate any and all advice!

Back