Cubase SX3 Exporting at lower volumes than when listening within the program

iceyflame

I searched up on this and found a post or two with the same problem, but no real solution within cubase.

Anyway, even if i export in wma lossless, Wav or anything, it does this as well. help?

EDIT: OHHh I just realized the simple solution, when the export window opens up you see a litte horizontal fader, i scrolled over it before but it didnt say what it was so i disregarded, but turns out its the fader for exporting. dont ask me why its horizontal or why its not labelled. BUT theres the answer to somone like me in a year or so time who's searching the forum for the answer to this problem.

and to that person - Congratulations, your as stupid as me :(

EDIT AGAIN: OK... turns out that just means the listening volume WHILE exporting not the final export volume. im sad again, any help?

Last edited:
I'm going to guess that you are tracking too hot.

This is only a possible simple solution, not necessarily a good one.

Try tracking at a lower volume, in 24 bit and having your 'average' level coming in at about -18dbfs. Mix your tracks together and export them at around -6dbfs keeping it in 24 bit. Set up a new project and import your new stereo tracks, tweak them using compression if needed, raise the gain to around -.2dbfs, eq, export using dither to 16/44.1 for burning cd's or to mp3's if that's what you want.

Welcome to the volume war and don't forget to read your manual:D

Back